My Nutrient Rich Salad
Make this as written or vary it up as you like. I have a version of this salad almost daily (unless I'm having leftover dinner!)
- 2 handfuls greens such as romaine, spinach, kale, or arugula
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 handfuls grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts substitute other nut or seed as desired
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Grab two large bowls and put one handful of greens each. Split all the rest of the vegetables, placing half in each bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mustard, honey/maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify. Pour over salad before serving.
Top with a protein of choice and nuts and serve. Enjoy!