Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
This chili is a warming, delicious part of any fall or winter meal. Great in a thermos for lunch the next day too!
- 1 cup dried navy beans soaked in water overnight
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lime juice
- cilantro, chopped green onion, cubed avocado
The night before you make this, soak the navy beans in water, and chop the yellow pepper, onion and garlic cloves.
In the morning, place the chopped vegetables and drained navy beans in the slow cooker. Add the broth, spices and chicken. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Before serving, prepare the toppings. Stir lime juice into the chili and break up the chicken thighs with 2 forks. Serve with a side salad or other green vegetables.
If you like your food spicy, feel free to add red pepper flakes to the dish or top it with hot sauce!