Sweet Potato Toast with Pesto
This snack is quick and easy to make if you have the pesto done ahead of time. It is also delicious served along side a soup or salad lunch.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes peeled and sliced (a mandolin works well)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes cut in halves or quarters
Place sliced sweet potatoes in the toaster oven and set to toast. You will likely need to toast them through twice. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
While the sweet potatoes are toasting, place next 5 ingredients in your food processor. While it is running, pour olive oil to desired consistency. Add sea salt to taste.
Slice cherry or grape tomatoes in halves or quarters.
Assemble the toasts by placing sweet potato slices on a plate and top with pesto and then tomatoes. Serve and enjoy!