Leftover Lamb Stew
This is a great dish to make the day after your special occasion leg of lamb. It has numerous health benefits and is delicious!
- 1 tbsp ghee, coconut oil or leftover fat from lamb
- 1 Spanish onion diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds lamb meat cooked
- 4 1/2 cups bone broth or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- parsley or cilantro for garnish
Add onion and carrots to soup pot with cooking fat of choice and cook until translucent.
Add garlic, spices and tomato paste and cook a few minutes longer.
Add lamb meat, bone broth and bay leaf and stir together. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Serve with a side salad and topped with parsley or cilantro, if desired.