Grain-Free Banana Bread
All the ingredients in this recipe were selected to nourish your thyroid gland and to fulfill the craving of eating something sweet. Brazilnuts are an excellent source of selenium and zinc, while flaxseeds support the thyroid with healthy fats. You can enjoy this as a snack or even breakfast alongside coconut yogurt, granola, or fresh fruit.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup chopped Brazil nuts or pecans
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup coconut oil softened or melted
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs or chia egg for a vegan version (1 Tbsp ground chia + 3 Tbsp water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips optional
Preheat the oven at 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, nuts, flax, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix.
Add the oil, bananas, honey or maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. Stir until everything is well-mixed and incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, if using.
Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.