If you haven’t tried this one-ingredient ice cream, it is the best!! Easy, fast, delicious and healthy. And, the kids love it. Bananas provide a sweet creaminess that is just like ice cream without the dairy (for those who don’t tolerate it well) and without the added refined sugars (which we should all reduce). There are still natural sugars in bananas, so I consider this as a treat rather than an everyday snack.
One thing I love about bananas is that they are:
- high in potassium which is an important electrolyte in the body that helps to regulate blood pressure and fluid balance.
- high in pectin which is important for digestive health and for lowering cholesterol.
This recipe should be a staple in any kitchen!
Banana Ice Cream
- 4 bananas frozen
- Peel and break bananas in half and place in bag in freezer overnight.
- Place frozen banana pieces in Vitamix or similar blender. You need a high speed blender for this and will need to use the tamper.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
And feel free to get creative with toppings that you like such as cocoa nibs, toasted coconut, chopped nuts etc.