This is such a great savory breakfast that will leave you satisfied and help fuel your body through the morning! It’s a recipe that can easily be modified to your preference. The veggies could be swapped for other varieties and the sausage could be swapped for any meat you desire, or you can leave out the meat and still get plenty of protein.
Recipe + Photo Credit: Christine Bullajian
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil,olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic or ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lb ground organic sausage, ground beef, or chopped bacon can omit if desired, but replace with 1 cup chopped veggies of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped baby kale or spinach
- 10 eggs organic, cage-free if possible
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat the oil in a medium-sized castiron skillet, about 8 to 10 inches. (If using a larger cast iron, you may wantto increase the number of eggs to 12.)
- Add the diced onion and sauté for about 3–5 minutes, untiltender. Add the garlic to the onions and sauté for an additional minute.
- Addthe sausage to the onion mixture and cook until browned. Add your salt andpepper to the meat.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the chopped mushrooms and stir.Add the chopped kale to the pan and make sure all the ingredients are mixedwell.
- Crack all the eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and whiskthem well. Pour the eggs into the skillet and then transfer to the preheatedoven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until eggs are barelybrowned on the edges.