Stir-fry dishes are a quick and easy way to prepare a vegetable side dish. This dish includes some fantastic anti-inflammatory ingredients including red peppers, broccoli, and turmeric.
Check out this post to learn more about some top anti-inflammatory foods including the ones in this recipe.
Also, the addition of protein-packed quinoa turns this dish into a more hearty meal.
Broccoli, Pepper and Quinoa Stir-fry
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa pre-rinsed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 each red and yellow bell peppers chopped
- 1 dash sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp minced turmeric root can substitute 1/2 tsp powdered turmeric
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa and simmer until the water is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes).
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Add diced onions, turmeric, pepper and salt, and lightly sauté for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli and lightly sauté for 5-6 minutes, until it becomes softened.
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir everything together. Serve & enjoy!