(Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan)
Photo + Recipe Credit: Jennifer Barr @theplantedone
Desserts are delicious, no two ways about it. But isn’t is awesome when we can be healthy and delicious at the same time?
This pudding recipe is from the From Scratch digital charity cookbook that I suggest you pick up here. All the recipes in the cookbook are from students of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. A program that I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend!
With a great combination of healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants, you can’t go wrong with this anti-inflammatory recipe. I’d love to hear your thoughts in my FREE and private FaceBook group Making Healthy Eating Easy. Click to join here.
Calming Choco-cado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- small handful spinach
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 dates pits removed and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp Reishi or Ashwagandha powder optional
- chopped pistachios
- cacao nibs
- dark chocolate
- extra sea salt or cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor, except for the chia seeds, and blend until everything is fully combined.
- Once combined, slowly pour the chia seeds into the food processor and pulse until they are mixed into the pudding.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once it has set, scoop mixture into 2 serving bowls and top with crushed pistachios, cacao nibs, cinnamon, sea salt and a square of your favourite cacao chocolate.