I love the smooth taste of coffee ice cream, but don’t love the caffeine hit that causes me to crash later on. I also love my sweets, but I don’t love the affect they have on my body … cravings, joint pain, inflammation to name a few.
This delicious, dairy free ice cream has you covered on all fronts. This recipe is delicious, caffeine free and free of refined sugars. The combination of dates, almonds and Dandy Blend provide for a unique caramel-like flavour that you will love!
Sweetened with dates, it is still a dessert so mind your portions, but the healthy fat, protein and fiber help to modulate the overall glycemic impact of the sugar in the dates.
Some of the amazing health benefits include:
Dates are an excellent source of fiber, decreasing the body’s absorption of cholesterol. They are also a good source of B vitamins, magnesium, potassium and iron as well as antioxidant minerals zinc and selenium.
Dandy blend is a coffee substitute that I have talked about here. It is a blend of dandelion, chicory and beetroot extracts. Dandelion offers benefits as a natural diuretic, chicory helps with glucose metabolism and beetroot provides cardio-protective, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
Delicious Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 cup Soft pitted dates about 4.5oz/130g
- 1 cup Almond butter or other nut butter I used Nuts for Nature Nut & Seed Butter
- 2 cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dandy Blend coffee substitute
Optional Toppings: cacao nibs, toasted coconut, slivered almonds
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Put mixture in a freezer safe container and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!