Here is a recipe for a single-serve chocolate mug cake recipe for when you are in the mood for a chocolate treat without the excess sugar. The addition of a bit of protein powder in the mix will help keep you satiated for hours. Enjoy!
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp Vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp Almond flour
- 3 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 oz Dark chocolate
- 1/8 tsp Avocado oil for greasing ramekin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients (protein powder, almond flour, cacao and baking powder) together in a bowl
- Whisk wet ingredients (unsweetened almond milk, egg, and maple syrup) in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until well blended.
- Pour batter into a ramekin greased with a bit of avocado oil and top with chopped dark chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy straight from the ramekin when cool.
- If your protein powder is unsweetened, you may need to add some additional sweetener. For a softer, more creamy cake, bake for 15 minutes. For a firmer cake, bake for 20 minutes.