Photo & Recipe credit: Abigail Hopkins [That Clean Life]
This is a delicious warming soup that is a great side dish for any lunch or dinner.
It is full of nutrient benefits such as:
- Vitamin A – carrots are very high in beta-carotene, a form of vitamin A that has shown specific benefits for eye health and also function as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin C – Cauliflower is particularly high in vitamin C providing 73% of our daily value in 1 cup. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant and is required to produce collagen (the most abundant protein in our body) and to make certain neurotransmitters.
This recipe is super easy and quick to make and is a part of the From Scratch 2017 Cookbook. Want more delicious recipes from this ebook? Check it out here.
Creamy Cauliflower + Carrot Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions chopped
- 5 medium carrots chopped
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add the green onions and sauté until softened. Add the carrot, cauliflower, water, thyme, salt and black pepper. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes then add in the parsley and stir until wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Purée the soup using a blender or handheld immersion blender. (Note: If using a regular blender, be careful. Ensure you leave a space for the steam to escape.) Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Ladle into bowls.