I love a good bowl. Mainly because there are an infinite number of options that will make it delicious. I usually take a “bowl” recipe and adjust it to my own tastes and whatever I have on hand. This is one recipe that I created using ingredients that I usually have in the kitchen.
I made this one with fish because I’m always trying to get more of that into my regular rotation each week. I also ditched the usual rice or quinoa for cauliflower to make this one lower in carbohydrates than a traditional bowl. I then added lots of nutrient-dense options to make for an awesome flavour profile.
Some of the particular brands that I used include:
Chosen Foods mayonnaise. I like this brand for the clean ingredients that they use. If you want to save yourself some time and skip making the dressing, their Harissa flavoured mayonnaise is excellent. Finally, when making the dressing I love to use Frank’s Hot sauce. We always have it in the house and use it often.
This is so easy and quick to make and tastes fantastic. I hope you enjoy it!
Fish Taco Bowls
- 1 head cauliflower rinsed and finely chopped/riced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 4 strips organic bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 filets tilapia
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch green onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or to taste for spice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Dressing – Alternately can use Chosen Foods Harissa Flavoured Mayo (see link above)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise I like the “Chosen Foods” brand
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce I use “Franks” brand
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Saute cauliflower rice in coconut oil until soft adding tamari part way through. Meanwhile, chop all vegetables and drain and rinse beans. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in the same pan until desired crispiness is achieved. Set aside and break up into pieces. Meanwhile, mix up spice blend for fish
- Drain excess fat from pan. Coat fillets with spice mix and cook in the bacon fat. Meanwhile, mix up the dressing.
- Assemble bowls by adding baby spinach and cauliflower rice first. Then top with remaining ingredients ending with the dressing. Enjoy!