This is a quick weeknight supper that can be made in 30 minutes. It’s delicious, super healthy, and quick to prepare. This is a triple threat dinner!
I love the health benefits of chicken. It is high in protein and beneficial B vitamins. Also, when choosing pasture-raised chicken, you are getting higher levels of omega 3 and vitamin E which is important to reduce your risk of high blood pressure and cancer.
If you want to add more carbohydrate to this meal, for those high-performance athletes, serve this dish alongside brown or wild rice, or quinoa.
Lemon Chicken with Sautéed Vegetables
- 8 Chicken thighs Boneless and skinkess
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper To taste
- 3 Tbsp Butter or ghee
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot powder
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Tsp Dried basil
For the sautéed vegetables
- 1 Green pepper Sliced
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 1 Cup Each green and red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Place in an oven proof skillet with 2 tbsp butter.
- Sear both sides of the chicken over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes per side, and then remove chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp butter to pan with garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir arrowroot powder into almond milk. Then stir in chicken broth, almond milk mixture, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and basil.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced and thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and place in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Meanwhile prepare sautéed vegetables.
- Place all sliced vegetables in a skillet with avocado oil and stir-fry until tender. Serve with lemon chicken.