Energy balls or energy bites. It doesn’t matter what you call them. If they’re homemade, they will most definitely be better than any processed store-bought, grab-and-go snack.
And this one is balanced with a 3:1 carb to protein ratio that is great for a post-workout snack too. Replenishing your muscles within 15-30 minutes of a workout will reduce your body’s recovery time.
Try them and let me know how you like them. Enjoy!
No Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/3 cup almond butter sunflower seed butter for nut free
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or sunflower seeds for nut free
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- sea salt optional
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and combine well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the oats to soak up the moisture.
- Remove from the fridge and roll about a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store the balls in the fridge for a week or longer in the freezer.