A much-loved dessert in our house is apple crisp. I often make it on special occasions. And I have created a healthy version which is delicious without all the added sugar. I use this Berry Crisp recipe and substitute apples for the berries.
But there are some days when I would like a dessert that is quick and easy as well as healthy. This is where this recipe for Cinnamon Apples comes in handy. It gives me the same aroma and flavour of the traditional recipe without having to use the oven and spending the extra time in the kitchen.
The health benefits of apples include a good source of fiber, vitamin C and various phytonutrients that have cardiovascular benefits. It’s also an important anti-inflammatory food. And with the addition of cinnamon to help balance blood sugar, this dessert is a treat that is good for you too!
Give this easy dish a try and let me know how you like it!
- 2 apples chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Place chopped apples into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. After about 5 minutes the apples will become slightly soft, and water will be absorbed.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Stir apples and oil together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Cook for another few minutes, stirring until the apples reach your desired softness. Serve and enjoy!