There is no substitute for homemade mayonnaise.
- The taste is better
- All the ingredients are healthy
- It’s easy to do
So, why is it that we don’t make it more often? Once you check out this recipe and make it a few times, you’ll never go back. The blended taste of lemon, mustard, and garlic with a mild tasting oil and egg is all that’s needed. And you have a base for so many other recipes like this Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken.
I encourage you to try it and let me know how it goes here in the facebook group!
Easy Homemade Mayo
- 1 egg large or extra-large
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup light tasting olive or avocado oil
- Add all ingredients except oil to your food processor. Process until creamy (about 10 seconds).
- With the food processor running, add a few drops of oil into the egg mixture. Every few seconds add a few more drops. Continue until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Now you can do a slow drizzle. Stop pouring every once in a while to check that the oil gets fully incorporated.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks. Serve & enjoy!