For many people, breakfast is one of the unhealthiest meals of the day. In North America, common breakfast foods are generally high in sugar and refined carbohydrates that set us up for a blood sugar roller coaster of fatigue and cravings throughout the day.
While changing what you eat for breakfast may seem like a daunting task, it’s easy once you create the new habits.
Below I provide an easy and delicious recipe for you to try (and customize) for your next breakfast. This is truly an easy veggie omelet. It can be customized to include the veggies that you have on hand, so you don’t have to make a special trip to the store to make it. The mushrooms and peppers that I suggest including provide anti-inflammatory benefits. But there are many other anti-inflammatory veggies you can include. Get some ideas here.
But before you try it, click over here to read my post that is all about the best foods to eat for breakfast.
Change your breakfast and you can transform your day.
Easy Veggie Omelet
- 1 tsp coconut oil or butter or ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mixed vegetables e.g. grated zucchini, sliced mushrooms, diced bell peppers
- Pinch sea salt, black pepper and/or turmeric
- Add coconut oil to a frying pan and melt on low-medium heat (cast-iron pans are preferred).
- In the meantime grab a bowl and beat the egg(s) with your vegetables of choice and the spices.
- Tilt pan to ensure the bottom is covered with the melted oil. Pour egg mixture into the pan and lightly fry the eggs without stirring.
- When the bottom is lightly done flip over in one side and cook until white is no longer runny. Serve & Enjoy!