Roasted Brussels sprouts are what turned this vegetable into the favourite for one of my kids. And I agree, these are delicious!
Brussels sprouts are part of the cruciferous family of vegetables that have many health benefits. If you want to check it out, I have written about some of the health benefits here. One of the important benefits is its anti-inflammatory properties.
Brussels sprouts, in particular, contain the fat-soluble bone-loving vitamin K. You may want to eat them more often for that reason (or just because you love them).
Garlic Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts washed, ends removed and halved
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp high heat avocado oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice or more if desired
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the sprouts with garlic, oil and lemon juice. Spread evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet and top with the desired amount of sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring about halfway through. Serve and enjoy!