Banana muffins are often a “go-to” snack since they are portable and tasty. The addition of nuts, cinnamon, and coconut add to their anti-inflammatory benefits.
Bananas have a lot of nutrients, but the over-ripe ones also have a high sugar content, so don’t over-do it! It can be easy to have too much fruit in a day because the sugar makes it taste so good!! A better bet is to use green-tipped bananas for more resistant starch.
Some of the great health benefits include:
- Helps to lower blood pressure – Bananas are known for their potassium content. As an important electrolyte, the potassium in bananas can help to regulate water balance and blood pressure in the body.
- Soothing to the digestive tract – The fiber in bananas called pectin can help to normalize bowel function.
Healthy Banana Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup mashed banana about 2 small bananas
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together wet ingredients, streaming in the melted coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix. Fill 6 muffin cups and top each with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until they turn brown and the tops feel firm. Enjoy!