Sometimes you are looking for a hearty dish that will satisfy a crowd and this one fits the bill.
The protein, fat, and fiber keep it filling and then blend of herbs and spices keep it delicious!!
This is my “go-to” as it is quick in the instant pot, but don’t worry if you don’t have one. You can cook 6-8 hours on low in your slow cooker too!
Try it and please let me know how you like it.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt, onion powder and black pepper
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 lb bag mini potatoes halved
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped to garnish
- Place coconut oil, beef, onion and seasonings on the saute function while you are preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients as they are ready (except the parsley) and stir to combine.
- Cover and seal with the lid, close the vent and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes allow the pressure to release naturally for a minimum of 15 minutes (can be longer) before adjusting the valve.
- When open, discard bay leaf, adjust seasonings to your liking and serve with a green salad or green vegetables. Enjoy!