I like kale. Except for when it tastes like cardboard:)
I’m pretty particular about how I like my kale prepared and that is: trimmed of its woody stem and finely sliced. It is also hardy enough to be tossed with its dressing and sit for a while. In my opinion, that makes it even better. And the bonus is that as part of the cruciferous vegetable family, this is a delicious and anti-inflammatory dish!
I like the inclusion of the quinoa since it is a fantastic plant-based complete protein source. This means that it has all the essential amino acids our body needs in one package for meat eaters and vegans alike. It is also wheat and gluten-free, which makes it a good option for those with gluten sensitivities and celiac.
This recipe is simple to make (especially if you have leftover quinoa handy) and is delicious. The dressing makes it!
Try it and let me know what you think!
Kale Cucumber Salad
- 4 cups kale removed from stems and finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked beans white beans, chickpeas etc.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber halved and sliced
Cucumber Dill Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until creamy. You may need to add water to thin. Add it slowly, a tbsp at a time until desired thickness is reached.
- Add dressing and gently toss.
- Divide into 2 bowls and enjoy!