I LOVE a one-pan dish. Most of the reason is the time savings in cooking and doing the dishes after!
But it can’t just be easy, it has to taste good too. Here is one of my favourites that meets the criteria for both. Tasty, uses only one pan and healthy too.
Some of the health benefits include:
Greens – dark leafy greens such as spinach are high in vitamins K and A, manganese and folate. They are very good at providing anti-inflammatory support for the body.
Tomatoes – Known for their heart-healthy benefits, tomatoes are high in vitamin C providing a high level of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Garlic – The sulfur-containing compounds in garlic are impressive and provide cardiovascular benefits, reduced cancer risk and supports the body’s detoxification processes. If you have arthritis, garlic may be your best friend as it can help fight the pain, inflammation and cartilage damage of arthritis.
And if you choose to include turmeric in the spice mix, then you will get additional anti-inflammatory properties from that as well.
One Pan Frittata
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pinch dried herbs such as parsley, sage, paprika, turmeric etc.
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Whisk together eggs and almond milk.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet (e.g. cast iron) on the stove with the olive oil. To the hot skillet add garlic, spinach, and zucchini. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts and the zucchini starts to soften. Add the tomatoes, herbs, spices, salt, and pepper. Pour in the eggs.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, until eggs are set. Serve & enjoy!