This is a quick-to-make salad that I love to have ready in my fridge for when I need something delicious in a hurry. Have you noticed that most of my recipes involve being in a hurry???
It also works well in a packed lunch.
You can vary up the vegetables to your taste preference (or what you have on hand), but I really like the ones I have included here.
Health benefits of some of the ingredients include:
Parsley has a high level of vitamin C, which is beneficial for inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and a healthy immune system. It is also an excellent source of vitamins A, folate and iron, and it’s flavonoids help prevent oxidative damage to cells.
Avocados are one of my favourite foods because they contain so much healthy fiber and fat that many of us are missing in our diet. Also, studies have shown beneficial effects for cholesterol levels, osteoarthritis and inflammation.
Salmon is very high in many important nutrients such as protein, omega 3 fats, vitamin D and B12 and the antioxidant selenium. The omega 3s, in particular, provide cardiovascular, mood, joint, and other health benefits.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Salmon and Vegetable Salad
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 10 oz matchstick carrots can buy these pre-done to save time
- 2 avocados cubed
- 2 cans salmon about 160g each
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice approximately 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans can substitute sunflower seeds for nut free
- Prepare all vegetables (first 6 ingredients) and place in salad bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add salmon, parsley and nuts to the vegetables and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve alone or over a bed of greens and enjoy!