Do you love sushi? Do you love Buddha bowls? This recipe is a great combo of both and is vegan as well (something to please everyone with this one!).
It is also a fantastic choice to support your thyroid health. Most of us don’t get enough sea vegetables in our diet. Yet they are an important anti-inflammatory food. And are a great source of a wide variety of minerals including iodine, which is supportive to the health of your thyroid and its optimal functioning.
Seaweed Sushi Bowl
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp dried seaweed arame, wakame, or crumbled nori sheets
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp gluten free tamari
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Split the first 7 ingredients into 2 bowls.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the sushi bowls. Serve and Enjoy!