This superfood soup is an easy and tasty way to get your greens. And with colder weather outside, there’s nothing like a warming, creamy soup!!
This soup is so yummy, you might not be thinking about the health benefits, but there are many. Particularly important are the cruciferous vegetables … broccoli and kale. This family of vegetables is important because of the ingredient sulforaphane, which helps eliminate harmful toxic compounds in the body that might otherwise promote inflammation.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 large handfuls kale
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 stalks broccoli chopped
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Sautee garlic in olive oil in a large soup pot.
- At the same time, add half of the raw kale, celery, and broccoli to your high-speed blender (in that order). Cover with up to 4 cups of broth and blend.
- Empty blender content into the pot with the sauteed garlic. Do the same for the other half of the veggies and broth.
- Heat soup and simmer for up to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tahini and sea salt. Stir well.
- NOTE: If you want the soup to be extra creamy, you can re-blend after it's heated.