Adding this tart cherry recovery smoothie to your routine can be a huge benefit to your workout recovery plan. Did you know that tart cherries have the highest anti-inflammatory content of any food and therefore are an optimal post-workout snack?
Tart cherries have been studied to reduce inflammation, improving muscle soreness and recovery. In addition, tart cherries support your overall health and they help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Try consuming tart cherries (using this tart cherry recovery smoothie) for 7 days before a big exercise event such as a running race to minimize post-exercise muscle pain.
Tart Cherry Recovery Smoothie
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
can substitute hemp seeds
- 1 cup chopped kale can substitute spinach
- 2-3 ice cubes more if you're using fresh cherries
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency. Enjoy!