Recipe + Photo Credit: Jennifer Barr
Instagram Username: @theplantedone
This chia parfait is another great recipe from the From Scratch Cookbook 2019!
I love the effort that goes into creating this fabulous book! All recipes lovingly made from graduates of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition. And this year’s recipes do not disappoint.
All the proceeds from the sale of the book go to charity (more info on that will be added here next week).
What I love about this recipe is that it contains good sources of protein, fat, and fiber that is needed to manage blood sugar so that you can maintain your energy and prevent cravings from blood sugar crashes. The protein comes from protein powder. The healthy fat comes from coconut and the fiber comes from the chia.
I also love the addition of turmeric as a great anti-inflammatory addition. Curcumin in turmeric blocks inflammatory cytokines and enzymes which provides anti-inflammatory benefits that can translate to reduced joint pain.
Tie-Dye Tropical Turmeric Chia Parfait
For the pudding
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 3 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
1/4 tbsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Optional: Toasted buckwheat and shredded coconut for garnish For the layers
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Place pineapple into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Place the pineapple and all remaining chia pudding ingredients into a bowl and mix until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.