I love kale chips, but I don’t like the price I need to pay for store bought ones. Also, I love to be able to control the ingredients, so I created this recipe!
While it is a quick and easy option to massage oil and salt on the kale and pop them in the oven, like in this recipe here, I really enjoy more interesting combinations. This one has a fantastic cheesy flavour with the nutritional yeast. If you are allergic to nuts you can try substituting sunflower seed butter for the cashew butter.
This is quick and easy to make in the oven, but if you have a dehydrator, it is foolproof as it’s impossible to burn! I have included instructions for both below. Enjoy!
Cheesy Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed and divided into sections
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Wash and dry kale and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add kale and massage mixture into each piece of kale. This part takes time, but is worth is as you don't want too much or too little of the mixture on each leaf.
- Place massaged kale pieces on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Careful not to burn!
- Alternatively, if you have a dehydrator, you can place the kale on the dehydrator trays and dry at 115 degrees for 8 hours. It's almost impossible to overdo it, so you don't need to worry about burning them this way.