This recipe is one that we turn to when we are at the cottage and have a crowd of hungry kids and parents. Even those who don’t usually like cauliflower, like this one!! this recipe is one of my “go-to” recipes because it is:
- Absolutely delicious
- Often requested
- Quick and easy
Two of my favourite ingredients are included:
Cauliflower. This member of the cruciferous vegetable family grows in a compact “head” surrounded by green leaves. It is most widely known as a white vegetable but is also grown as light green or purple. It is an excellent source of vitamins K and C and B vitamins and is a good source of fiber and potassium. Some studies have also found that a higher intake of cruciferous vegetables helps to reduce the risk of lung and colorectal cancers.
Nutritional yeast. What is nutritional yeast anyway? I talk about nutritional yeast in my cheese sauce recipe here. Some of my other recipes that include nutritional yeast are:
So check out this recipe and let me know how it goes for you!
“Cheesy” Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup High heat avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim and wash cauliflower and cut into bit sized florets.
- Place cauliflower in bowl and toss with oil. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top and toss until cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Spread cauliflower evenly in parchment lined pan and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until slightly browned and tender. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If you're not too heavy handed with the oil, these florets keep well in the fridge and can be included on top of your lunch salad the next day.