I couldn’t resist this local basket of beets this week! I love to support our local growers, so this week our family enjoyed a side dish of some spicy roasted beets! They also happen to be one of the top anti-inflammatory foods for osteoarthritis.
This one is super simple so that you can get dinner on the table in a flash.
Spicy Roasted Beets
- 6 Beets peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red chile powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place prepared beet chunks in a bowl and coat with melted coconut oil. Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients on the beet and toss again to distribute the spices.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with a protein and salad for a complete meal.